Monday, April 21, 2014

Holding On and Hanging In

Sylvia and I both hit one of those famous walls where not an ounce more came off or stayed off but we kept on with Sensa and restarted the weight loss a couple of weeks ago...a few ounces or a pound or two.

I'm back home now and still determined to shed more weight.  One nice thing is that my home scale shows that I lost 3 pounds in the last few weeks but it could just be that the home scale doesn't weigh me the way the trailer scale did.  I don't care.  I'll accept the 3 lb. loss and go on from here.

I've never totally believed that there was a magic elixir in Sensa but that doesn't matter.  What matters is that just sprinkling it on your food makes you think of what you're eating and the past 5 months of using Sensa has given me the time to change my eating habits to a point where they now seem normal to me.

My weight loss at this time (using the home scale) is 15 pounds.  My clothes are looser and I'm wearing a size smaller than I did before.  I'm much more comfortable but haven't lost sight of the fact that I need to lose more weight.  Being pre-diabetic means that taking off weight could help reduce the chances of having to take medication for diabetes.  Being home and not dining out as much as I did in Florida will make dieting easier, too.

I have enough Sensa for another year and then I'll assess whether it's worth continuing to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment